You’ve been asking me several times, and all I’ve answered is that it’s coming “soon”.
Well, “soon” is here!
What if you could still eat bread without having any trouble? And not even realise it wasn’t traditional bread you were eating, but an awesome healthy version of it? This “bread” recipe is a collection of the most awesome bread recipes I’ve found out there. So I picked the raisins out of the cake and took the best features of each bread to make my own.
It’s suitable for allergies such as gluten, sugar, lactose, milk and yeast, but if you’re allergic to nuts (almonds) or eggs, I’d suggest you try to find alternative ingredients. I can help you with that, just comment below!
GrainBrain’s Awesomest “Bread”
• 5 dl almond flour
• a little less than 1 dl ground flaxseed (you can find this at a health food store. Or DIY!)
• 1 teaspoon whole flaxseeds
• 3/4 tablespoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 + a little dl psyllium seed husk (you’ll find this at a health food store, too)
• 6 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil
• 4 whole eggs
• 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 dl coconut milk (I’ve also used goats milk yoghurt, which was good too. Experiment depending on your boundaries!)
Do like this:
1. Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl
2. Melt the butter/ghee/coconut oil in a saucepan. Let it cool for a few minutes.
3. Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
4. Mix the dry and wet mixes together until it forms a batter but not longer than that.
5. Put your awesome batter into a greased loaf pan. Put some seeds on top of the loaf (flax seed, hemp seed, sunflower seed…)
6. Bake your yumminess of a bread at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes. Check with the good old toothpick trick to see if it’s done.
7. Try it in a big slice with your favourite sandwich toppings. Enjoy!
(8. Don’t blame me if you get addicted. 🙂 Yes. It’s that good.)
Please let me know what you think once you’ve tried it out!
/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/HannaDiabetesExpertLogo@2x.png00Hanna Boëthius/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/HannaDiabetesExpertLogo@2x.pngHanna Boëthius2014-01-23 16:32:122014-01-23 16:32:12Are you ready for it?!
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
We provide you with a list of stored cookies on your computer in our domain so you can check what we stored. Due to security reasons we are not able to show or modify cookies from other domains. You can check these in your browser security settings.
Other external services
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.